Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we know that long-term success is driven by positive financial results. As the Tax Accountant, you will be responsible for performing government reporting, planning, and compliance to ensure the company meets its legal payroll tax obligation and its fiduciary withholding and payment requirements with all federal, state, and local taxing authorities. If youre ready to take on the challenge of working for a global company, we have an opportunity for you at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What youll do on a typical day:
- Prepare and submit federal, state, and local tax submissions to ADP; prepare and submit Canadian tax returns; identify issues and provide possible solutions for review by management
- Perform payroll tax accounting functions, including monthly account reconciliations; process and maintain employee SAP tax records, W-2 forms, and tax balances
- Perform audit and reconciliation of executive compensation including stock options, incentive pay, deferred compensation, and other miscellaneous perquisites
- Monitor current developments affecting government reporting and payroll taxes; correspond with IRS, state, local, and Canadian agencies in the normal course of business to ensure issue resolution
- Process daily, monthly, quarterly and annual payroll tax remittances and reporting via ADP
- Administer Mexican payroll disbursements and corresponding accounting entries
- Run SAP queries to ensure employee records and system are calculating taxes accurately; maintain SAP configurations tables related to taxes
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, youll need:
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent combination of education, experience, or training
- 4 years of progressively responsible experience in government reporting or accounting, or equivalent combination of education, experience, or training
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project); ability to conduct tax research using internet and other published sources
- General knowledge of state and local tax laws and regulations, as well as basic understanding of GAAP
- Availability to work a flexible schedule with extended working hours, as needed
Itd be great if you also have:
- Experience with Oracle Financials, ADP software, and SAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively with regulatory agencies, tax reviewers, state and local auditors, independent auditors, lawyers, support peers, end users, and all levels of corporate management
- Strong project and time management skills with ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Perform complex analysis of data, processes, policies, procedures and/or systems; produce unambiguous, comprehensive and accurate interpretations
- Ability to effectively identify and resolve problems in high visibility, high stress situations
- Ability to understand and interpret tax laws and regulations and then apply them to company operations
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oral, Toyota and many others. Were the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and were just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 26517392 portland