Posted: Friday, January 26, 2018 8:45 AM
Area of Interest: Inventory Management
Position Type: Full-time
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Purchases and tracks inventory that meets or exceeds company standards on delivery, quality, and inventory turn. Builds a solid and dependable supply chain and monitors vendor performance. Maintains updated vendor information in the system and communicates any changes to cross functional teams.
* Placement of initial orders and reorders.
* Develop and maintain a tracking tool for purchase orders to track ship dates, ETA, partial ships, etc.
* Update system with vendor lead times and other product related changes.
* Work with vendors to improve costing, minimum order quantities and lead times.
* Analyze Minimum Order Quantities to determine flow of merchandise to distribution center in order to maintain an appropriate inventory level.
* Escalate packaging, quality and vendor performance issues to cross functional team.
* Oversee and ensure timely and accurate SKU/inventory data input into DAX.
* Align with Retail Store Allocation Specialist on store stock (min/max) based on sales history, store rank and inventory levels.
* Establish and maintain strong lines of vendor communication for both drop ship/white glove and retail ready product including, sales forecast, production capacity and shipping guidelines.
* Participate in the development and implementation of Drop Ship/White Glove systems.
* Work jointly with Inventory Planner to determine departmental SKU level sales projections and quarterly collection plan.
* Analyze SKU sales performance to determine inventory liability.
* Recommend disposition strategy for non-productive inventory.
* Provide specific input on sales, inventory levels and inventory timing for Open to Buy, Catalog reviews, overstock review, etc.
* Participate in cross-departmental training.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* 3-5 years retail inventory management exposure.
* Proficient use of MS Office Products,
* 2-3 years experience in MRP and ERP systems
* Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely present analytical data and propose solutions in an organized manner to groups.
* Strong technical and analytical skills.
* BA/BS preferred
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Global Business Acumen -- Understand the complexity of business on a global scale. Embrace cultural and individual differences with empathy. Work with the nuances of specific local cultures to make informed decisions.
Strategic and Analytical Capability -- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively. Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans.
Leading Teams -- Attracts, develops and motives the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensures alignment of individual goals with overall business objectives. Coaches team members to success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results.
Drive for Results -- Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment.
Effective Communication -- Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels, board members, external partners and customers. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences.
Influence and Collaboration -- Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through complex disagreements and conflict to achieve resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams focused on the success of the entire company.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Location: Portland
• Post ID: 26317197 portland