Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 2:16 PM
PeaceHealth is seeking a
Ophthalmic Assistant Certified : Ophthalmology for a
0.8 full time equivalent
Non:Exempt position. This position will be working
Day shift with shift durations of
JOB SUMMARY : Ophthalmic Assistant Certified
Responsible for assisting the Ophthalmologist or Optometrist in providing office based patient care and perform ophthalmic clinical duties as directed including various testing, instilling medications, order processing, and documentation in the electronic medical record.
1. Room patients; obtain ocular, medical and family history; instruct patients regarding medications, tests and procedures; coordinate patient flow; and update patients electronic medical record.
2. Perform testing as required and/or directed including measurement of visual acuity, visual fields, extraocular motions, intraocular pressure by applanation tonometry, and pinhole acuity; measure, compare and test pupils; and refraction as necessary.
3. Record data as testing is performed and for physician during visit as scribe in the electronic medical record. .
4. Prepare exam rooms. Room stocking, maintaining inventory of supplies.
5. Contact lens dispensing, instill ocular medications, participate in telephone triage as necessary.
6. Educate patient on eye care and contact lens care. May educate patient on surgical procedures as appropriate/required.
7. Perform dictation/faxing/phone calls and other related clerical tasks.
8. Process all associated coding, documentation, charting and referrals.
9. Sterile processing of surgical instruments and diagnostic lenses.
10.May complete scribe duties as assigned.
11.Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted).
? High schoold diploma or equivalent.
? Completion of Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) training program or work experience and passed JCAHPO COA level examination.
? Minimum of one year experience in an office based ophthalmology practice preferred.
? JCAHPO Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) certification required at date of hire.
? Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
? Computer proficiency including MS Office and the ability to quickly learn new applications.
? Ability to use office equipment and phone systems.
? Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow.
? Ability to problem solve, organize and set work priorities with minimum supervision.
? Good communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals and within different environments.
? Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families.
? Knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical principles.
? Ability to multi:task.
? Strong attention to detail.
PHMG Eye Care : Vancouver:
MA:R (Medical Assistant Registered:Washington) required within 90 days of hire. (Clinic applies for upon hire.)
* Work requires active physical exertion up to 33 of the time.
* Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
* Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate
lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to sharps, blood and body
fluids once or more daily.
* Ability to stoop and bend and reach consistently without restrictions. Color determination and 20/20 vision in one eye with or without assistance.
Please apply online to be considered.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver,
• Location: Portland
• Post ID: 23552392 portland