Come join Intel's Product Architecture Group organization as a Computer Architect. In this role you will be responsible for architectural explorations, definitions, evaluation of design alternatives, performance and power projections to ensure future IA systems deliver industry leading performance. You will be part of a small team working on Intel's current and future Server Roadmap, including the emerging accelerator roadmap.
- Drive the architecture definition of significant portions of future intel processors and accelerators.
- Own the architecture of innovative features and solutions though the full product life-cycle. From early path finding exploration and definition to providing support to last minute complex post-silicon debug and workarounds.
- Be able to take an architecture lead role in a work group of peer architects and coworkers from adjacent design and validation teams.
- Apply strategic thinking to drive solutions for a wide range of theoretical and practical problems.
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Computer Architecture, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering, with minimum 6/4 years’ experience
- Experience needed in following areas:
- computer architecture, design or performance
- system level experience CPU, network, GPU, etc.
- large software and/or application development, optimization and debugging
- exposure and understanding of workloads and benchmark performance
- platform level architectures and performance
- 3 years or more experience in the computer platforms space as a hardware architect and have a deep understanding of the different competing architectures as well as the trade-offs or challenges in this space.
- Background in computer architecture, hardware design, power and performance analysis
- Demonstrated success in driving technical issues and decisions at the organizational level.
- Ability to communicate issues and trade-offs with management
- Excellent hardware, design, debug, programming skills
- Experience in software development with C, C++ and scripting languages
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.
California, Santa Clara;
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1374740/Computer-Architect/
• Post ID: 23557097 portland