The Intelr Open Source 3D Graphics Driver is the industry's leading open source 3D graphics driver. Based on the Mesa project mesa3d.org, this driver powers leading Operating Systems such as Chrome OS, Steam OS, Ubuntu, and Fedora on Intel graphics.The candidate will be responsible for developing, enhancing, and maintaining user space graphics driver code for the Intelr Open Source 3D Graphics Driver based on the Mesa project mesa3d.org. The candidate will also write unit tests and debug issues with the whole graphics stack on various Intel Gen graphics platforms. The code will be mostly C and 100% open and developed using longstanding Mesa project processes. The candidate will need to interact with customers internal and external as well as the larger community.
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience would be obtained through your educational level research and/or relevant job/internship experiences.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- Candidate should have at least 2 years of work or educational experience with both of the following: Expert knowledge of C, familiarity with C++. A track record of successfully contributing to a major open source software community project, including success with getting significant complex code accepted in upstream in that project of any kind, even as a volunteer.
Desirable but not required Qualifications:
- Experience with debugging hardware, especially pre-production hardware
- Experience working with Linux device drivers, especially graphics, video, and display
- Understanding and prior experience with OpenGL, OpenGL ES, EGL, or Vulkan
- Embedded Linux development, debug & test
- Knowledge of the graphics pipeline
Intel's Open Source Technology Center https://01.org/ is one of the industry's largest and most influential organizations dedicated to open source software development, supporting Intel products on a wide array of platforms. Join us in shaping the future of computing, from the smallest devices to the largest servers!Inside this Business Group
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.
Finland, Espoo; United, Kingdon_Great_Britain;
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1333768/Open-Source-Linux-3D-Graphics-Driver-Developer/
• Post ID: 22714597 portland