Are you a possibility thinker? Do you not only see the future of data center but want to roll up your sleeves to make it happen? Then you might have a home in our team of doers, Jacks and Janes of all trades, which is expanding the datacenter solutions space.
We are a team of highly motivated, experienced and agile thinkers, who are looking for the right unicorn to join us as the Rack Scale Design Director of Engineering. In this role, you will lead a solutions software engineering team and will interface with Senior Leaders, Product Managers, Architects, and Engineering Managers across Intel to deliver strategic value for Intel through differentiating hardware and software. We are housed within Data Center Solutions Group that is tasked with reinventing the data center of the future.
You will need have demonstrated experience leading an engineering team along with demonstrated experience with cloud, enterprise, and communications segment solution stacks. In this role, you will lead an engineering team that is responsible for solution stack integration, validation/test, optimization/tuning, and certification. These solutions will be both published as reference architectures and integrated with Rack Scale Design products sold by Intel as solutions. As you report to the General Manager of Systems Engineering, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Manage the engineering team that integrates, validates, optimizes/tunes, and potentially certifies solutions stacks integrated with DCG’s Rack Scale Design products, including building the engineering expertise, defining and continually improving the team’s processes and efficiency, planning personnel and lab capacity, and establishing and executing working models with the broad and matrixed Rack Scale Design architecture and engineering teams.
- Be an expert on RSD solutions across DCG’s business units (cloud, comms, enterprise/government) and DSG’s vertical teams (analytics, health care, network, and non-volatile memory solutions), with specific expertise in the full software stack, including BIOS/FW on the nodes, hardware management software, orchestration software, operating systems, and applications.
- Collaborate with hardware and software engineering teams to develop and deliver these data center solutions, resolving integration issues, managing best known configurations, and driving change management across numerous sw stack permutations.
- Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent with minimum of 10 years overall experience
- 5+ years of experience managing and leading teams in software, design, system architecture, technical solution building, platform solutions or ingredient stacks
- A leader and strong team player able to work with cross-functional teams and comfortable with matrix’d organizations.
- Able to lead and provide clear directions for internal and external partners and drive execution from distributed technical teams—leading to agreements across organizations based on business priorities
- High level project / program management experience
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to dive deep into technical issues and the ability to communicate status and plans with senior leadership
- Ability to learn new technology concepts quickly
- High energy, entrepreneurial and collaborative attitude
- Good command of presentation preparation tools (Power Point, etc.) and information management tools (Excel, SharePoint, OneNote, etc.)
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Position of Trust. This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Talent Consultant.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1357454/Rack-Scale-Design-Director-of-Engineering/
• Post ID: 25369782 portland