Storage I/O is a longstanding bottleneck for computer systems, and our group is focused on shattering it. As a software engineering intern, you will be part of a small R&D software and firmware team, that pathfinds next-gen technologies to improve our Solid-State Drives and associated software stack on IA systems.
Your pathfinding responsibilities will include design, development, debug, experimentation-with, and analysis of core improvements to the underlying technologies.
- Strong results orientation.
- Problem solving.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.
- Must be pursuing MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 6 (+) months of experience in software engineering and C/C++ programming skills.
- 3 (+) months of experience in the storage domain, and application of NVM technologies esp. SSDs and/or Disk-Caches.
- 1 (+) years project, coursework or work experience in computer architecture and operating systems fundamentals.
- 1 (+) years of experience with high-performance low-level system software development, in an embedded or driver multi-tasking environment.
- 2+ years demonstration of high-performance low-level system software development, in an embedded or driver multi-tasking environment. Knowledge and interest in the storage domain, and application of NVM technologies esp. SSDs and/or Disk-Caches.
- Strong ability to architect, design, develop, debug, experiment-with and analyze technologies at the hw/sw boundary, to be able to prototype and evaluate key technologies in firmware and/or OS driver domains.
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1314879/Software-Engineering-Intern/
• Post ID: 22007238 portland