Datacenter Solutions Group is looking for an SDN/NFV (Software Defined Network/Network Function Virtualization) engineering intern to be part of a development team that aims to enable NFV/SDN ready platforms. This team develops and contributes code to open source communities in SDN/NFV, does performance/benchmarking of IA, works on reference platforms with Open Source software and Intel hardware building blocks in order to enable multi-tier ISVs/OEMs. This reference platform aims to accelerate deployment and understanding of SDN/NFV capabilities on Intel Architecture in telecom, cloud, enterprise and media segments.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
Candidate must be pursuing a Master's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
6 + months experience in the following areas:
Proficient in Linux
Proficient in Networking
Fluency in Java, Python, Ansible, Bash
Understanding of KVM/Xen virtualization technologies
Coursework in Network protocols, Ethernet, TCP/UDP/IP, VXLAN, VLAN, etc.
- Working experience in administering and configuring Ethernet switches, network interface adapters, and Intel server platforms
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, configuration, and management OpenStack, OpenDaylight, etc...
- Experience with Git and Gerrit code development tools/processes
- Experience with OvS Open vSwitch and/or DPDK Data Plane Development Kit
- Experience with protocol analyzers e.g., tcpdump, wireshark, xGig, etc...
- Experience with open source development/validation
- Experience with Jira team collaboration tools
- Experience with Agile methodology/process
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1411242/Software-Engineering-Intern/
• Post ID: 24482417 portland