The Visual Cloud SW Engineering VCSE team in Intel's Data Center Group defines, engineers, and delivers DCG Graphics and Media based offerings which include Display, 2D, 3D, and Media Transcode platforms, for dedicated Servers, Appliances or Virtualized Cloud environments.
We build the software stack that helps companies deliver solutions for:
- Media and Media transcode
- Media content creation and delivery, Cloud graphics
- Cloud Gaming
- Remote desktop and remote workstations
- Media/Graphics analytics and Immersive
- Media AR/VR content generation and delivery
You will work with cross-functional, cross-geo teams to design, develop and deploy Gfx/Media/Immersive Media SW stack. You will work on enhancing CI/validation automation to enable productization of the SW stack. If you are looking for an exciting and challenging software project to enhance your skills and experience in a growing field, come talk to us!
The selected applicant must have the following behavior skills:
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- To have "can-do" attitude and thrive in an exciting and dynamic environment
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
The successful candidate must be pursuing MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
Must have at least 6 months of experience in:
- Software development and/or validation
- Programming skills with C++ or Java or C
- Experience in developing automated test tools and infrastructure is a plus Nunit, Junit, etc.
- Knowledge of Linux, Windows OS architectures
- Development tools and methods
- Experience in developing applications and/or drivers for these operating systems.
- Basic experience with media codecs such as, AVC, HEVC, VP9, and MPEG-2
- Media Frameworks such as, FFmpeg and Gstreamer, and OpenCL
- Basic experience in 2D/3D graphics technologies and standards such as, OpenGL, OpenGL ES, OpenCL, OpenVG, DirectX, DShow 9/11, M3G, EGL
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1395880/Visual-Cloud-SW-Engineer-Intern/
• Post ID: 25564232 portland