Patient Financial Services Manager : Hospital Government Billing - (vancouver, washington)
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 1:58 PM
PeaceHealth is hiring for a Manager of Patient Financial Services
Do you enjoy and have a talent for...
:Managing patient financial services and activities for positive results shown in costs, methods, and staffing
:Developing goals designed to strategically enhance department performance
:Inspiring performance to exceed best practice standards by utilizing metrics, data, and analytics
:Achieving financial performance targets while collaborating with leadership across an organization
Based in the beautiful Portland metro:area, our PeaceHealth Services Center is actively recruiting a Manager of Patient Financial Services. A leader in the Patient Financial Services Department, our ideal candidate will oversee the coordinating efforts of the department while responsible for its results. As a collaborative team member, they will ensure maximum cashflow all while maintaining a positive patient and physician experience for their assigned revenue cycle department.
A successful Manager of Patient Financial Services candidate must have the following qualifications...
:Five years revenue cycle experience within hospital or health system setting
:Two years leadership experience
:HFMA, MGMA, or AHIMA certification preferred
:Epic certification in one or more hospital claims processes preferred
:Thorough knowledge and understanding for accounting and financial reporting policies and procedures in hospital or clinic environment
:Experience with system analysis, requirements, design, and process improvement
Interested? For a complete job description and to submit your application, visit us at jobs.peacehealth and search Job ID today
1. Responsible for directing and coordinating the overall functions related to assigned revenue cycle department to ensure maximization of cash flow while improving patient, physician, and patient experience.
2. Plans, organizes and directs department activities. Develops goals and objectives. Reviews department performance and effect changes as needed to improve services, and compliance to regulatory requirements.
3. Motivate, facilitate, mentor and coach teams to deliver high quality, cost effective services. Support leadership in the implementation and sustainment of the performance management program which consists of adhering to job priorities, productivity, and quality standards.
4. Develops continuous education and training programs for the career development of staff.
5. Recommends selection of caregivers. Monitors and evaluates performance and accountability of staff. Evaluates competence and initiates performance improvement plans to develop caregivers. Provides meaningful and constructive feedback. Coordinates the use of Corrective Action Plans for benchmark outliers.
6. Utilizes metrics, data and analytics to measure and deliver performance that meet or exceed best practice national benchmarks in the management of functional area.
7. Manages the preparation and recommendations of the department budget. Evaluate and justify equipment and supply needs. Projects the departments growth and needs for future planning. Maintains complete and accurate documentation of monthly expenditures for FYI budget.
8. Monitors production statistics and performs assigned audit to assure billing accuracy, timeliness and compliance to the billing standards.
9. Responsible for coordinating performance standards with PeaceHealth benchmarks established by the system team.
10. Works with leadership to assist in the development of policies, procedures, and enhancements to the delivery of services and operations of the department.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree required or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the job.
• Location: Portland
• Post ID: 23552732 portland