Intel’s Technology and Manufacturing Group is looking for a Commodity Manager that will focus in the area of Integrated Circuits.
Job Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Acquires and maintains technical understanding of products purchased.
- Performs cost analysis and volume planning for major commodities.
- Obtains materials, components, equipment and services.
- Develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate.
- Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
- May recommend cost saving proposals including make versus buy analysis, alternative sourcing and vendor evaluation criteria.
- Leads supplier selection RFx activities and secures supplier selection alignment with key stakeholders and leadership within the commodity team as well as the BU.
- Develops procurement strategy to include allocation, inventory, and utilization strategies.
- Develops and executes negotiation plans for contracts and pricing.
- Benchmarks costs and prices, ensures affordability targets are understood and met, aligns BU partners on price forecasts.
- Understands industry roadmaps, identifies gaps & recommends actions to ensure support of Intel's Business Unit product roadmaps.
- Uses commodity, product specific, and supplier market Intelligence to drive optimal decisions and sourcing strategies.
- Monitors and manages supplier performance
- Manages tactical and mid-range supply, delivering monthly forecasts to suppliers and secures support responses.
- Manages and monitors ATM, ODM, or OSAT supply line to deliver target service levels.
- Develops and executes supplier specific strategies.
Required Skills/Experience (Must Have)
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Supply Chain or Business Administration (MBA preferred)
- Prior experience in Supply Chain Management OR Procurement experience (5+ years with a Bachelor Degree, 4+ years with a Masters Degree)
- Ability to travel 10-20% in US and Asia.
- Demonstrated ability to create alternative approaches to overcome roadblocks, able to identify and capitalized on opportunities, and make quality decisions despite incomplete information
- Experience with identifing intended and unintended implications of strategic initiatives.
- Consistent record of achieving significant business results,.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deploy broad range of supply chain techniques and methodologies to achieve results.
Preferred Skills/Experience (Nice to Have)
- Previous integrated circuits strategic sourcing experience
- MBA degrees strongly preferred
- Background in Manufacturing Schedule Planning AND/OR Product Planning
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1361601/Integrated-Circuits-Commodity-Manager/
• Post ID: 23396407 portland