- Responsible for supervising the activities of product teams or staff in a manufacturing area. Assesses personnel and material levels to determine production schedules. Assigns personnel and monitors the flow of work in process through the manufacturing facility. Higher job levels establish operating policies and procedures, coordination of multiple functions within a manufacturing facility, establishing strategic plans to ensure production schedules are met within established quality and cost objectives.
- Responsible for overall safety of personnel, company assets, and the surrounding environment. Plans and schedules daily tasks, uses judgments on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices.
- Responsible for supervising the safety and activities of ~15 person staff of manufacturing technicians
- Assesses personnel and monitors the flow of work in process through the manufacturing facility
- Investigates quality issues and implements corrective actions
- Establishes plans to ensure production schedules are met within established safety, quality, and cost objectives
- Actively provides development opportunities to the team and searches out ways to improve their contributions
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Very strong math and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership in previous roles.
- Willingness to embrace ambiguity.​
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly .
This US based position does not experience a shortage of qualified U.S. Workers. Intel limits its sponsorship of individuals possessing temporary work authorization or requiring a visa to those positions for which we experience a shortage of qualified and available U.S. Workers. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a US Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government.
- 4 yr Engineering or Science Degree.
- Candidates must have the ability to work on a compressed work week schedule. Shifts are twelve hours long and rotate from three to four days a week. There are four shifts which include Sunday/Monday/Tuesday every other Wednesday days (Shift 5); Thursday/Friday/Saturday every other Wednesday days (Shift 7); Sunday/Monday/Tuesday every other Saturday nights (Shift 4); and Wednesday/Thursday/Friday every other Saturday nights (Shift 6).
Previous Intel management experience and/or management experience.
- Proficiency with data analysis.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
US, Arizona, Phoenix;
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1307270/Manufacturing-Operations-Manager/
• Post ID: 24318102 portland