What you’ll be doing...
Role Description and Responsibilities:
The senior manager of business development will leverage an extensive knowledge of the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle industry along with an in-depth understanding of Skyward’s business strategies and product solutions to lead the development of a partner ecosystem and leverage those relationships to grow Skyward’s sales and market position.
- Identify and develop partnerships with best-fit manufacturers, software developers, service providers, property managers, government agencies and others as needed that enable Skyward to successfully close deals and position the company for future growth.
- Negotiate and close strategic partnerships, working with the Skyward leadership team as needed to establish goals, plans and processes.
- Enable Skyward’s support of relationships after contract close through detailed project planning and management, incorporating the inputs and efforts of Skyward leadership and transitioning execution and management to functional groups as appropriate.
- Act as liaison with Verizon to evangelize Skyward’s solutions and the benefits of UAV operations, enable new products optimized for Verizon sales organizations, and activate Verizon as a channel for leads and sales through the execution of programmatic campaigns in Verizon’s sales and marketing teams.
- Establish and coordinate partnerships that enable Skyward to participate in complex programs offered though public and private organizations.
- Maintain awareness of relevant market knowledge and trends, including but not limited to evolving UAV technologies, market participants and products; evolving legislation and rules guiding the use of UAVs; new UAV use cases; and shifts in the UAV industry landscape.
- Position reports to the co-presidents of Skyward.
What we’re looking for...
- Strong business acumen; ability to articulate strategy and value to C-level executives.
- Knowledge of the UAV industry and UAV-enabled business use cases.
- Extensive experience planning, negotiating, establishing, and leveraging partnerships with public and private organizations.
- Extensive experience formulating partnership strategies, goals, and execution plans. incorporating Skyward teams from development, product management, sales, marketing and customer support as appropriate.
- Strong understanding of wireless, IOT and telematics technologies and products, as well as sales and marketing strategies and tactics employed in those industries.
- Aptitude for team building, cross-functional team management and project management.
- Compelling presentation skills with a natural ability to hold strategic conversations and analyze audiences to adjust tactics.
- Self-directed and able to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and evolving organization.
- Passionate about the development of the UAV industry.
- BA or equivalent required; MBA or advanced degree desired.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2391627-sr-manager-business-development
• Post ID: 25463302 portland