Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 2:49 PM
PeaceHealth is seeking a
Respiratory Therapist for a
0.9 full time equivalent
Non:Exempt position. This position will be working
Night shift with shift durations of
Cares for the Cardio:Pulmonary needs of all assigned patients, from those who are undergoing routine diagnostic procedures to those requiring more complex critical care support, intervention, and transport support, as applicable to care setting. The work requires a team focus working collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team aimed toward the best outcome for the patient and organization.
1. Provides respiratory care to include diagnostic testing, oxygen and medication delivery, bronchial hygiene, arterial/capillary blood gas draw and analysis, advanced airway and life support.
2. Patient assessment including the ability to monitor labs, hemodynamics and radiology findings. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates individual patient care appropriate to the age of the patients.
3. Calibrates, cleans, sets up, maintains and troubleshoots all patient related equipment and instruments. Assembles and stores cleaned equipment.
4. Participates in in:house educational in:services inter and intradepartmental as well as attending outside seminars and work:shops, as requested by Manager.
5. Participates in various intermittent department tasks including; audits, quality assurance, statistical record keeping, patient charting and other special projects as specified by Manager.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
:Graduate of 2:year AMA:approved Respiratory Care Program; or approved alternative education as outlined in the state regulatory requirements.
:Must pass the NBRC Registered Respiratory Therapist exam within 6 months of hire. (Not applicable to PeaceHealth Southwest Clinic setting).
:Must maintain a current Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license in the state of practice.
:Current caregivers that are licensed RCP but are not registry eligible due to the educational requirement (e.g. began working as a respiratory therapist when a 2 year degree was not required/available) will be grandfathered for this requirement.
:Must maintain RRT certification (e.g. CEU's, etc.); exceptions for RCP's noted above. Please note may obtain within 6 months of hire to obtain it, per language above under Education section allowing 6 months from date of hire to pass the RRT exam.
:Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
:Must maintain all certifications, competencies and licensure as required by the department or as regulated by state or federal agencies.
:Minimum of two years of experience in acute care as a Respiratory Therapist is preferred.
:Experience in ICU, Pediatrics, or Obstetrics preferred.
:Proficient with MS Office applications
:Must be able to set up, operate, and trouble shoot all respiratory or pulmonary function related equipment, as applicable, in a quick and efficient manner.
:Must be able to quickly assess acute, critical care situations and respond with a decisive and appropriate course of action.
:Good time management skills
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
PHSW (Southwest Washington)
:NRP certification must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
:PALS certification must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
SOUTHWEST PHSYICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
• Location: Portland
• Post ID: 23552197 portland