The internship candidate will be joining an advanced multiform wireless research team within the Wireless Communications Research organization in Intel Labs. The candidate is expected to conduct research on key enabling technologies for next generation 5G air interface standards.
Job responsibilities will include:
· Radio link and medium access control protocols evaluation and validation for centimeter/millimeter a.k.a. mmWave wave system, including algorithms to optimize higher layer protocols for mmWave self-backhauling access system design.
· The intern is expected to develop and benchmark performance of various link layer protocols and transport layer algorithms for mmWave systems, considering end-to-end TCP/IP traffic characteristics.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
· The candidate must be pursuing a PhD in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering and/or other related field with foundation in communication theory and network/link protocol design.
Minimum 6 months+ of experience in/with:
· NS3 network simulator.
· Network protocol simulations using C/C++.
· Familiarity with 3GPP/WLAN wireless standards and practical implementation skills.
· Prior experience with industry partners in the area of millimeter wave communication systems.
· Past internship or industry project work experience.
· One or more advanced technology areas such as millimeter wave systems, transport layer / congestion control & optimizations.Inside this Business Group
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1470540/mmWave-Systems-Intern/
• Post ID: 25830137 portland