The Storage Technologies Group STG in the Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group NSG is responsible for pathfinding and architecture of Intel's solid-state storage products using both 3D NAND and 3DXPoint Optane media technologies. The Optane architecture team is seeking an engineer to help architect leading edge Optane Solid-State Drives SSD. You will join a small team of accomplished architects and pathfinders, developing storage products based on 3D XPoint media
Responsibilities may be quite diverse in a technical nature and will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the role, U.S. experience and education requirements.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- In this position you will develop simulation models of leading edge architectures, and use these models to verify and improve the architectures driving to better products.
- You will work alongside architects, ASIC and FW teams to help define the HW and FW that meets product requirements.
- You should be self-motivated and independent,
- Be able to work effectively with other modeling engineers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be focused on delivering results.
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.
- Must have a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- 3 (+) months of working knowledge in computer architecture and performance simulation techniques.
- 3 (+) months of experience with programming in simulation environments ie. SystemC, CoFluent.
- 3 (+) months of experience using programming software such as C/C++, Perl or Python.
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1468911/Systems-Engineer/
• Post ID: 25830127 portland