- We have an opening for a part-timeCOLD FOOD (SALAD) position.
- Location: Reed College - 3203 SE Woodstock BLVD Portland, OR 97202 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: P/T: 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- Requirement: Prior kitchen experience.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Bon Apptit Management Company believes we can change the world through food. A pioneer in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, we cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients. Our teams at corporations, universities, and museums all across the US have the freedom to create menus tuned to their guests, mixing regional comfort foods and global cuisine. We are committed to nurturing our staffs talents, staying ahead of dining trends, and making a difference in the food system. Join us in our mission of food service for a sustainable future.
Summary: Cuts delicatessen meats, vegetables and cheeses with slicing machine, knives or other cutters. Prepares and serves sandwiches, salads and other cold food items.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtains daily production schedule and preparation requirements from Chef.
- Prepares sandwich meats, cheeses, condiments and salads using approved production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
- Stocks and replenishes deli/cold products and condiments following approved merchandising guidelines.
- Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from workstation, stove and refrigerator.
- Stores food in designated areas following HACCP standard wrapping, dating and rotation procedures.
- Cleans, sanitizes and maintains counters, work surfaces, refrigeration units and floors in the preparation and serving areas.
- Places meat, cheese or vegetables on cutting board and cuts slices to designated thickness. Positions and clamps meat or cheese on carriage of slicing machine. Adjusts knob to set machine for desired thickness. Presses button to start motor that moves carriage past rotary blade that slices meats and cheeses.
- Interacts with coworkers to ensure compliance with company service standards, inventory and cash control procedures.
- Maintains clean, safe work environment to comply with sanitation, ServSafe and safety requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 25711352 portland