Corwin Beverage Company, an organization with a proud history of award-winning sales, customer service and community involvement, is looking to hire an experienced, creative, and inspiring Director of Sales and Marketing. We distribute more than 400 types of soft drinks, juices, waters, sports and energy beverages, as well as tea and coffee drinks. Learn more about Corwin Beverage Company at: www.corwinbevco.com
The Director of Sales and Marketing is a strategic, creative, results-oriented leader, who strategically and positively impacts brand equity, generates business sales and profitability, and evaluates new lucrative business opportunities. This position leads, supports and accelerates the sales and growth of our existing core products, while also developing and expanding on market opportunities. The Director of Sales & Marketing will be a strategic leader with tactical ability, and can mix strategy and execution to drive initiatives that will position Corwin/Kendall’s as a leader in our markets, and create demand for our products and distribution services.
Ensure the continuous growth of the Corwin and Kendall brands by maximizing all resources in support of current and future customers. Professionally boost organizational success through unparalleled sales execution, team development, effective communication, quality products, and exceptional customer service.
Using industry expertise and sound judgement, continuously drive and achieve organizational sales and
profit goals through:
- Design, implement, and manage sales forecasting, planning and budgeting processes. Establish high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency in planning, forecasting and budgeting. Ensure that budgeting efforts are timely and appropriately integrated with other planning processes within the company.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for channels; projecting expected sales volumes and profit for existing and new products. Establish high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency in planning, forecasting and budgeting.
- Successfully implement national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors. Establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition and supply chain.
- Maintain sales staff via direct involvement in recruiting, selecting, orienting and training staff.
- Vigilantly being present in the community, with vendors and customers to strengthen the Corwin/Kendall’s brand and reputation. Expertly leading promotions, events, sponsorships, community service and marketing programs to enhance and extend the Corwin/Kendall’s brands.
- Continually collaborate with other leadership and team members to define go-to-market strategy; develop target customers and define core product value propositions and messaging and key benefits. Conducting competitive research and positioning activities for all current and future products.
- Optimize and execute the roll-out of all in-house marketing programs relating to new or existing items, brands, packages or channel partner initiatives.
- Continually define and implement market opportunities by validating new product ideas, inform leadership of new opportunities, and provide key insight for new and existing markets. Collaborate with sales team to turn insights into action by creating brand expansion/extension programs.
- Develop, implement and lead successful product launch and development roadmap. Continuously evaluate market trends, seeking current and potential customer feedback to assess needs gaps and opportunities. Effectively delivering that feedback to internal teams to direct the vision of the product roadmap and create intentional product development strategies that are validated by market research and customer feedback.
- Utilize knowledge of social media tools to enhance and extend our brand presence in the community.
- Inspire, lead, coach and develop a highly competent team that continuously produces best in class quality service in the most cost-effective way through:
- Contribute to the company's overall high-performance culture and participate in leading the company in building a collaborative, accountable, creative and innovative workplace.
- Attract, develop, and retain talented individuals; creating a learning environment to ensure that staff realize their highest potential that assists the organization as a whole to meet future challenges.
- Design and deliver an agile organizational structure and mindset that enables the movement of people and resources quickly to capture new market opportunities.
- Conduct all business with the highest levels of integrity and ethics.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and the ability to problem solve independently as well as part of a team.
- Maintain entrepreneurial spirit in all day-to-day activities and functions.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- Master’s degree a plus
- Demonstrated successful background in product sales, marketing and solutions
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing sales and marketing strategies that consistently met or exceeded planned objectives including revenue goals
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create result driven, team oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate, communicate and influence in a matrix environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills
- Agile and responsive mindset
- Open, collaborative, communicative leader
- Familiar with Southwest Washington region and markets
- Minimum 10 years senior sales experience in beverage and/or food service industry
- Experience calling on National Chains as well as Independently Owned businesses
- Experience in community service and involvement
- Experience with sales and marketing technology solutions including social media platforms
- Wage information for this position is confidential. Submit salary requirements with resume and qualifications
- Non-union benefits package and 401(k)
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, and so on):
- Limited overnight amount (less than 10 days) travel will be required per year
- Extensive time out of office visiting customers, venders and on-site visits with team members
- Qualified candidates must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally during an 8-hour shift, must be able to stand and walk for at least 6 hours per day
- The Director of Sales and Marketing is expected to take calls for emergency situations outside of business hours
Pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background check are required prior to hiring. We random drug test all employees and we are a tobacco free workplace. Top candidates will also be required to arrange reference calls with previous employers as part of our interview process.
Send resume now, visit company website at www.corwinbevco.com
Mail Resume to:
219 S. Timm Rd.
Ridgefield, WA 98642
Please, no phone calls or walk-ins. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we cannot respond directly to all applicants.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- calling on National Chains: 2 years
- senior sales in beverage and/or food service: 10 years
- calling on Independently Owned businesses: 2 years
• Post ID: 25767152 portland