About the Job
Job TitleLead Mechanic
Requisition Primary LocationThe Dalles, Oregon
The Dalles Disposal has an immediate position open for a Mechanic to work on our fleet of garbage trucks in The Dalles, OR. Mechanics interested in secure, steady employment are encouraged to apply. A Class B or the ability to obtain one within 90 days is preferred. Must have own tools.
Please do not stop by our local office. Apply online at www. wasteconnections. com Any questions please call Ashley at 360-448-6955 or Email at AshleyAd@wcnx.org
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 1+ years experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair; or completion of accredited vocational technical school program.
- CDL preferred but not required at time of Hire.
- Provide personal tools.
What we offer to you:
- Safety Bonuses up to $1,500!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Uniforms/Safety Gear
- Boot allowances of up to $175.00 a year
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to “Connect with Your Future”. For more information please visit Apply Online at www. wasteconnections. com Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans)
• Post ID: 20642463 portland